Why Do We Choose Environmentally Sustainable Packaging As an Underwear Manufacturer?
- By:Teresa Zhang
The air, water quality and soil pollution are becoming more and more serious, and the natural ecological balance has been severely impacted and destroyed. Many resources are decreasing day by day and are facing the danger of depletion; soil erosion and land desertification are also becoming more and more serious. The environment is closely related to people's survival. Air pollution and water pollution can lead to the demise of human beings. To protect the environment is to protect ourselves. Humans cannot survive without the natural environment.
Human activities have put enormous pressure on the environment we live in, with polluted air, disrupted ecosystems, and over-exploitation of natural resources.
With 42% of the world's plastic used in packaging, most of which is used only for single-use purposes, the problem of plastic pollution in the ecosystem is long-term and ongoing. The recycling rate of plastic is only 10%. This means that 90% of plastics are incinerated, landfilled or directly discarded in the natural environment. Plastics generally take 20 to 400 years to decompose. Debris, or microplastics, created from decomposing plastics are still present in atmospheric circulation, in food in water and in soil, and everywhere we are involved.
Given the growing global plastic pollution, retailers are turning to eco-friendly packaging solutions. Eco-packaging has also generated a lot of hype among consumers, who are all too aware of the damaging impact of plastic waste on the environment. But in essence, what is truly eco-friendly packaging?
By definition, eco-friendly packaging is any packaging that is easy to recycle, safe for individuals and the environment, and made from recycled materials. It uses materials and manufacturing methods with minimal impact on energy consumption and natural resources. Environmentally friendly packaging solutions, also known as sustainable packaging or green packaging, aim to:
• Reduce the amount of product packaging
• Promote the use of renewable/reusable materials
• Reduce packaging related costs
• Eliminate the use of toxic materials in packaging production
• Offers the option to easily recycle packaging
Why use eco-friendly packaging?
Choosing eco-packaging is a step towards reducing plastic waste.
The environmental impact of single-use plastics does not begin and end with waste disposal. Most consumers know that this is just the tail end of the process. A certain type of packaging can have a serious impact on the environment at every stage of its production, from the sourcing of raw materials, manufacturing, transportation, use, all the way to its disposal.
The average Australian uses 130kg of plastic each year. Up to 130,000 tons of plastic could end up in waterways and oceans. If we don't act on it, this plastic pollution threatens our marine wildlife and contaminates our food chain.
Switching to eco-packaging is the most feasible solution to reduce this problem. Packaging manufacturers and businesses play a huge role in mainstreaming eco-friendly packaging products. With plastic pollution growing at an alarming rate, industry needs to reduce its use, if not completely eliminate it.
The Sustainable Packaging Coalition details why this revolutionary approach to packaging is good for our entire planet.
• It is safe and healthy for people and the community throughout its life cycle.
• It is made of healthy materials.
• It uses renewable energy for sourcing, manufacturing, shipping and recycling.
• Sustainable packaging passes market standards for cost and performance.
• Physical design of eco-packaging to optimize materials and energy.
• It optimizes the use of recycled or renewable resource materials.
• Eco-packaging products are manufactured using cleaner production techniques and ethical practices.
• It is recovered and utilized in biological and/or industrial closed loop cycles.
• Adopting ecological thinking and translating it into your packaging design is also good for your brand. One study shows that sustainable packaging can help brand owners increase net sales by approximately 2% to 4%. Thank you for the growing number of consumers, especially millennials, who patronize businesses with a clear environmental focus. According to the study, these consumers view eco-friendly packaging as part of the overall brand experience.
Which packaging material is better for the environment?
Choosing the packaging materials that are easy to reuse or recycle.
There are many biodegradable and recyclable alternative packaging solutions. The following are the most common examples of naturally disintegrating packaging:
• Paper - This is a great packaging choice because it is reusable, recyclable, biodegradable, and can be used for any purpose. Most of the paper packaging we see every day is made from recycled paper.
• Cardboard - Due to its sturdy form, cardboard is another great packaging alternative. Cardboard without lamination breaks down easily.
• Bagasse Paper - This packaging material is made from the juice of sugarcane fiber pulp. Bagasse paper is often used to replace traditional paper packaging in food service.
There are also recyclable packaging items. However, even if they are not harmful to the environment, sourcing the raw materials used to produce these items still requires a lot of energy.
These recyclable packaging materials are:
• Some plastics – examples of recyclable plastics are PET bottles, milk cans, shampoo bottles, ice cream tubs, takeaway tubs, plastic utensils and plastic bags.
• Some metals – Metals can be recycled multiple times. Steel cans used to hold food and beverages can be recycled.
Eco-friendly packaging concept
Eco-packaging uses materials and methods that have a low impact on the environment.
When you turn to green packaging, you can explore more ways. Here are eco-friendly packaging ideas you might want to consider.
• Eco-Friendly Box Packaging - If you use cardboard boxes for all your packaging needs, you've already made a huge effort to reduce waste through your business. Just make sure to use a box made of 100% recycled material.
• Eco-label - no package is complete without a prominent label. But be aware that even small product labels can increase waste. No matter where you stick it (box, pouch, bottle, etc.), your product seal or label must be biodegradable, recyclable and/or compostable.
• Reusable Bag Packaging - Maybe you are an underwear company, if you are looking for a more eco-friendly option, try reusable bags as an alternative. This simple and customizable eco bag is made from renewable wood pulp starch. The magic of this packaging solution is that it becomes compostable within 85 days!
Paper is one of the world's most recognized sustainable materials and can be used for almost all applications of in-box packaging, even cold chain packaging.
In light of global change factors, the increasing need for green action, the high growth e-commerce demand for sustainable packaging, the economic benefits of businesses and the win-win need to achieve sustainable development goals, it is certain that in the near future, more environmentally friendly, Recyclable and sustainable packaging materials will become the general trend of the development of the packaging industry.
Unitex underwear manufacturer has always strived to be a more sustainable business and we are committed to working together to make all our underwear, including men's underwear, women's underwear, children's cotton underwear and sport bra pajama, using recycled or more sustainably sourced materials. Embedding more sustainable sourcing and manufacturing practices into our orders, Unitex aims to move the fashion supply chain away from the forest, working to keep companies out of the forest and bring customers less impactful fabric alternatives and uses more sustainable, low-impact paper packaging that reduces environmental impact and protects our planet.
- Xiamen Unitex Trade CO.,LTD.
- Website: www.unitexunderwear.com
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0086-186 5081 3853